November 2, 2011

Caroline Noor Whitney

Almost a month later...

Caroline Noor Whitney was born on her due date, October 3, at 9:52 pm and weigh 8 lbs 3 oz and was 21.5 inches long.



Less than 7 hours before her arrival, before heading to a routine appointment, Freeman asked, "So what are the chances we'll be sent over to triage to have this baby from the appointment?" I very assuredly answered that there was little-to-no (emphasis on the no) chance we'd have the baby that night. How's that for a lesson in humility!

And, really, God's timing was perfect. My dad was watching the kids while Freeman and I went to the appointment--and was so great to stay the night with them when we realized I wasn't coming home. (If you've ever spent time with two energetic toddler/preschoolers, you know that's no small task). Freeman's mom came up the next day and stayed for several days to help with the transition (once again, no small task). We are so grateful to both of them! And, to be honest, if we'd been at home, I am not sure we would have made it to the hospital in time--let alone with Oompah there to babysit.

She has been a sweet, calm, easygoing little baby so far (though she does like to be held and cries a bit when she's alone in the bedroom). Really, for her safety, I wear her in my Moby sling a good part of many days. She does spend some time hanging out on the couch and seems to like watching shadows. Of course, her laying on the couch is an open invitation for lots of love and interaction with Hamilton and Veronica, but she doesn't seem to mind (in fact, today, Hamilton's presence calmed her down from crying--hooray!).



Ready to go home!







2 weeks old

Seeing how I haven't taken many pictures of her since this point--I'd better get on it!



1 comment:

Melanie said...

Love the first photos of Caroline! She is beautiful, a precious gift! And you look wonderful, too! Congratulations again on another sweet blessing! (And I can totally relate to the being so in love with the new baby & falling more in love with the older siblings, as well...that happens to me every time, too!)