January 14, 2012

Not gonna catch up!

Each time I sit down and look at this "New Post" screen, I am a bit overwhelmed. There is so much I could write about. We are so blessed; our lives are never boring. I end up typing a couple of sentences and giving up. So here's my admission. You are probably never going to read a blog post about:
  • the fun park and zoo visits the kids took with Freeman and Grammy while I was getting used to having Caroline at home;
  • the Book-a-Mania Library Event and trip to the planetarium with Oompah;
  • the trip back to the planetarium the following week with Grammy and Granddad;
  • Thanksgiving and Christmas 2011;
  • Zoolights;
  • the countless trips to the Children's Museum;
  • the adventures of learning to get around with three; or
  • New Year's Eve in the ER (and Hamilton's song about it).

Instead, I am starting with tonight. And keeping it simple. Because, really, I want to have a blog to look back at and remember what life looked like around here and I want to share these things with the family and friends that I don't reach out to as often as I'd like.

Tonight, somewhere between dinner mayhem and bedtime craziness, Freeman rallied the kids for a cool little science lesson. He pulled up the star chart on the computer and found Venus and helped the kids locate it outside our (hand print decorated) window.

It was a sweet moment. I'd write more about that, but I've got a fussy little one on my lap...more soon.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

How fun! What a neat little science lesson! And I am with you at feeling **so** overwhelmed at the New Post page...there is SO much I want to document & I think I will get to it...just not in as timely of a manner as I had hoped! Happy New Year!
Oh, the "potty training block" is TOO cute! Hope that's going well! Would like to be doing that here, but Drew wants NOTHING to do with it!