August 24, 2011

What to Do When Momma's Cleaning the Floor

I had to get the floor cleaned today. I'd like to blame it on the nesting urge, but the reality is that it's been too embarrassingly long since I had last tackled it. The floor was getting sticky enough that it was getting hard to use the dust mop (how's that for keeping it real?). I decided to go full-force and move all the furniture and do as thorough a job as I possibly could--which meant Hamilton and Veronica had some new furniture arrangements to play with.

First, they ate their morning snack under the dining table (the chairs were inaccessible and I asked them to sit there to contain the crumbs to a place that wasn't already clean). It became their hide-out and they played some sort of peek-a-boo game after they were done eating.

Soon, their hide-out was stormed by a floor cleaning momma and they had to find somewhere else to play. No worries, our couches can easily be converted into a ship!



Hamilton wanted his red blanket as a roof and decided that the couch cushion made a perfect seat belt (something he's very interested in since we rarely have the opportunity to use them). Veronica looks a little tired (she's having a mix of caffeine-free, sugar-free iced tea and water).


We turned on some sailing music and they watched me getting the rest of the house done!


They did such a great job that we headed up to our building's roof deck after the floors were all done to enjoy a little "picnic" lunch. (Ok, who am I fooling...I was also motivated by the thought of not having to sweep the floor of breadcrumbs so soon after having just finished).

And now on to naps and rest time!

No comments: